Do you long to join a team where you see yourself making a difference in the lives of youth? As part of our core leadership team, we are searching for a conscientious, self-motivated, highly efficient, detail oriented individual who loves working with a team to be our new Operations Manager. This role is instrumental in our ability to effectively educate and empower high school students to know their own value and the value of others, and to live truly flourishing lives.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the organization.
• Manage the organization’s Human Resources.
• In collaboration with the ED, develop and manage program timelines and budgets to ensure organizational effectiveness. This entails meeting with staff to ensure tasks/projects are completed on time.
• In collaboration with the ED, develop and manage organizational strategies, policies, and procedures.
• In collaboration with the ED, coordinate Board of Directors meetings, create agendas, and communicate with the Board from time to time.
• Passionate about our cause to help young people know and believe in the value of every person.
• Highly dependable, has a strong desire to take initiative, and is extremely organized.
• Experienced in monitoring and managing on-going projects.
• Familiar with CRM databases (ideally E-Tapestry, though this is not a requirement) and enjoys establishing processes and procedures.
• Great with people, is respectful, humorous, and has high emotional intelligence.
• Tenacious in the pursuit of excellence and efficiency.
• This position is full time and offers a salary in the range of $48,500 - $58,500 with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
• Includes Extended Health Benefits.
• Attendance at events outside of regular office hours may be required.
• Prior to commencement, the successful candidate is required to provide a criminal record check clearance letter with a vulnerable sector search.
• Education: Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Operations Management, Project Management, or 3+ years’ work experience in non-profit related work.
• Experience: Established success in managing day-to-day operations; experience with office administration and database management, financial management, Human Resources practices, organizational governance for non-profits, and a working knowledge of databases (ideally E-Tapestry, though this is not a requirement).
•Skills: Organization, Planning & Execution, Time Management, People Management, Decision Making, Leadership, Conflict Management, Teamwork
• Values: Compassionate, hopeful, non-judgmental
Please email a résumé, cover letter, and a list of professional references by Friday, January 4th, 2019 to:
Signal Hill Life Education Society
PO Box 45076 Langley Crossing,
Langley, BC V2Y 0C9
Attn: Carrie Williams, Executive Director
Email: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.