Do you long to join a team where you see yourself making a difference in the lives of youth? As part of our team, we are searching for a responsible, highly-motivated public speaker who is passionate about educating youth to be our Presenter. This role is instrumental in effectively educating and empowering high school students to know their own value and the value of others, and to live truly flourishing lives.
• Personalizing presentation scripts with stories and lessons learned from your own life.
• Delivering relevant and engaging presentations that are humorous, instructive, and inspiring.
• Continuously improving your presentation content and delivery in collaboration with our team
• Building and managing relationships with coordinating school staff.
• Effectively managing your schedule and honoring presentation commitments.
• Passionate about our cause to help young people know and believe in the value of every person.
• Takes initiative and has excellent organizational and time-management skill.
• Relevant and engaging to high school students (i.e. you use their language, know what’s going on in their world, are very familiar with social media, are genuinely funny, dress the part, look cool, know what “lit,” “shade,” and “salty” mean).
• Good with people, has high emotional intelligence, and is respectful and compassionate.
• Good with public speaking, teachable, and is very open to receiving and asking for constructive criticism for the goal of self-improvement.
• Contract (post-training, the presenter is contacted as presentations are booked) with potential to go to part-time or full-time at a later date.
• Attendance at events outside of regular office hours may be required.
• The wage is $30/hr.
• Access to a vehicle and possession of class 5 driver’s license is required.
• Because of the effort needed to train new presenters and to refine presentation content and delivery, we expect a 2 year commitment of employment.
• Prior to commencement, the successful candidate is required to provide a criminal record check clearance letter with a vulnerable sector search.
• Experience: Has experience in working with high school students, and in developing and delivering dynamic talks/presentations to youth
• Skills: Communication both written and verbal, presentation skills, time-management, public speaking
• Values: Compassionate, hopeful, non-judgmental, vulnerable
Please email a résumé, cover letter, and a list of 3 references (2 professional and 1 personal, non-family references) by Friday, February 22nd, 2019 to:
Signal Hill Life Education Society
PO Box 45076 Langley Crossing,
Langley, BC V2Y 0C9
Attn: Derek Scott, Philanthropy & Community Engagement Manager
Email: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.